About Me

I started fabricating things out of metal when I was very young. My dad raced stock cars and swamp buggies and I got my start welding at age 13 while learning about motors and racing. By 13 I was also racing stock cars. Over the years I built and raced stock cars, swamp buggies and mud boggers. I have made many things for myself and others such as utility trailers, bridges, and sculptures. I worked as a welder for only 1 year of my career making car hauler trailers. For most of my career I was a plasterer in Florida. After moving to upstate NY I worked in a variety of jobs in the construction field. I have only started exploring the artistic side of metal fabrication during the past five years. We started the metal business in 2006 to take my career in a different direction. It will take a while, but my plan is to fill this blog with pictures of many of the things I have built over the years. I hope you enjoy seeing some of my unique creations. My wife is actually writing this blog for me but she is presenting it from my standpoint with the information I give her. I am more skilled with a welder than a computer.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Recycled Metal Fire Ring

This post is showing two different things.  I decided today that it was time to try out my recycled paper bricks that I made with my brick maker.  I had made a portable fire ring out of an old water heater and some scraps of steel.  I have a grate in the bottom of it, raised about two inches for air circulation space. This is our winter fire pit since our summer area is closed up for the winter.  The brick seemed to work well.  It did not burn too quickly like paper.  It burned slowly and acted like a piece of wood in the fire.  I think that it works best when used along with wood, but it did well for the first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment