About Me

I started fabricating things out of metal when I was very young. My dad raced stock cars and swamp buggies and I got my start welding at age 13 while learning about motors and racing. By 13 I was also racing stock cars. Over the years I built and raced stock cars, swamp buggies and mud boggers. I have made many things for myself and others such as utility trailers, bridges, and sculptures. I worked as a welder for only 1 year of my career making car hauler trailers. For most of my career I was a plasterer in Florida. After moving to upstate NY I worked in a variety of jobs in the construction field. I have only started exploring the artistic side of metal fabrication during the past five years. We started the metal business in 2006 to take my career in a different direction. It will take a while, but my plan is to fill this blog with pictures of many of the things I have built over the years. I hope you enjoy seeing some of my unique creations. My wife is actually writing this blog for me but she is presenting it from my standpoint with the information I give her. I am more skilled with a welder than a computer.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bridge for an Adirondack Creek

I built this bridge for a man who owns property in the Adirondack Mountains. There was a bridge spanning a creek on his property that was no longer safe. He comissioned me to do this custom bridge building project. The bridge is 10 feet wide by 33 feet long. Last spring it was put into place and covered with wood. We have been invited to his property and when we go we will take a picture of it in place.  It is a cool thing to know that I built a bridge that will be in the Adirondack Mountains for many years. This is the largest metal project I have done.
                                 BRIDGE UPDATE 7/24/10
Today we went to the Adirondack town of North Hudson to see my bridge in place over a creek.  It has been covered with wood and gravel and placed on concrete walls.  A beautiful railing has been placed on it.  The owner still plans to trim the rubber off, but it was in place and he is happy with it.  He said that so far he has a truck with equipment go over it that weighed 75,000 lbs and it did fine. Below are some pictures of the bridge and the creek it spans.
                                           
                                          
                                          
                                          
                                          

1 comment: