The two mid-1940s Ford pickup trucks in the woods where they had been
for the past 15 years after being salvaged from a farm by the previous owner.
This is the truck body I used for this project. The other body is for my son for a future project.
This became the new frame.
This is the cab after sandblasting and priming it.
This is the hood after sandblasting, priming and painting it.
This was just a protective paint, not the intended final color.
This is the front end.
The rat rod with mock-up for the truck bed and a motor.
Mock-up of how I intended the final project to look.
I had the chance to get these two old trucks and intended to have one rat rod project for myself and one for me to do with my son. I got this one to the final point you see here, and I decided to sell it. I had fun working on it, but I had other things I needed to do instead of this. I will work on the other truck with my son once we can get started on it.